About Me

My photo
Stephenville, Newfoundland, Canada
SCAPA is a NO-kill, NO-cage animal shelter serving the Bay St. George area of Western Newfoundland. SCAPA survives solely on the support of the community and it's volunteers.

Saturday 30 April 2011

The Sad Little Stray

Dear Lord,

Please send me someone who'll care!
I'm tired of running,I'm sick with despair.

My body is aching,it's so racked with pain.
And Dear God I pray as I run in the rain,
That someone will love me and give me a home,
A warm cozy bed I can call my own.


My last owner neglected me and chased me away,
To rummage in garbage and live as a stray.
But now God I'm tired and hungry and cold.
And I'm so afraid that I'll never grow old.
They've chased me with sticks and hit me with stones,
while I run in the streets just wanting a home!


I'm not a bad kittie, God,please help if you can.
For I have become another "VICTIM OF MAN!".
I'm now full of worms and ridden with fleas,
but all that I want is an family to please!


If you find one for me God,I'll always be good,
I won't run away and do as I should..
I don't think I'll make it too long on my own,
cause I'm getting so weak and so all alone.

Each night as I sleep in the bushes I cry,
cause

I'm so afraid that I'm so gonna die!
And I've got so much love and devotion to give,
so please could you give me another chance to live.

So Dear God PLEASE, PLEASE answer my prayer,
and send me someone who really WILL care....

Author Unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment